Monday, October 1, 2012

Guest post {small shop studio}

I'm off on holiday and will be back in early November. Until then, I leave you in the company of some fabulous ladies...I hope you enjoy the posts they have put together!  See you soon! xx
_________________


Hello little lovelies, it's Erika from Small Shop

I've been working on redecorating my bedroom, and in doing so, I realized I seem to like to incorporate 5 elements into my spaces. So I thought it would be fun to identify those 5 pieces and show some examples of how my fave designers often use this formula too!


grasscloth mirror, $499 / brass chandelier, $299 / Eames dowel leg chair, $399 /cowhide & horn stool, $149 / vintage Oushak rug, $295

Now let's take a look at some of my fave spaces and how the designers have incorporated these 5 elements:


There are always pieces that crossover and do double-duty as well = bonus!

What's your formula for success?

15 comments:

  1. Nice formula, I don't tend to work by one. When I decorate it's usually a very slow process and are simply things I like - there probably is an underlying formula though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I learned so much from this post, thanks to both of you, two of my favorites together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an informative and inspiring post. Thank you, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so helpful! Will be referencing this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! Really inspiring :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun post! I was just thinking I don't have that antique-y piece in our bedroom...next on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this post-and so helpful on the key elements you need for a room!! That chandy and stool are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, this formula is perfect! It's exactly what I love about rooms summed up into five parts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. impeccable taste... that erika never ceases to inspire me :) absolutely love that she has broken it down to such a simple formula!!! XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!! So smart! It seems easy to breakdown a room like this but it is not...so thank you for this formula! Its in the mix

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and to be honest I'm a interior design lover and I never noticed all those similar elements in the beautiful rooms... !
    So a big thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post! nice to see it broken down in way that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete