Monday, June 4, 2012

Insta-lately happy snaps

Hi lovelies! I'm back after moving and so glad to be in my own {little} apartment. it is so much better than I remembered from when I first inspected it; I'm feeling very lucky to have found such an amazing home! It is wonderful being back in the city too, I literally can walk out my front door + be surrounded by a gazillion restaurant/cafe/boutique choices which I definitely won't tire of quickly.


I thought I'd share a few insta-snaps from the past few days with what I've been up to...




1. My sister bought this divine smelling candle over on Saturday as a little housewarming present - it smells so delicious!


2. This is pretty sums much how my apartment looks right now (well, maybe a bit of an improvement has been made!)




3 + 4. I took these snaps on my second night here of this gorgeous boutique, literally a few doors down from my building. Have I mentioned that I love living here already??




5. I love my Zara pumps - I never normally wear heels and tend to stick mainly to ballet flats, but I had to make an exception for these - they were so lovely I couldn't resist them!


6. I've read stacks of overwhelmingly positive reviews about the Sonic Skin Cleansing system that I decided I needed to try it myself. It arrived today so will let you know how it goes.


Hope your Monday is off to a fab start!


Rachel xo




All pics via my Instagram.

14 comments:

  1. Ah congrats on the move- can't wait to see more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you like your new apartment so much. And the shoes are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you're liking your new digs!! I have a Clarisonic that I've been using for about.. 7 months now. And I must say, it is as amazing as everyone claims it is. A few words of advice: I found that it took my skin a couple weeks to get used to it. So when I first started using, it actually kind of made my skin MUCH worse for a couple weeks (I've heard this is normal). If you can ride that out, you skin will stop freaking out and start to get lovely. Also, I wash my brush head with some baby shampoo before each use. Didn't like the idea of putting dirty brush-ness on my face.. Before I did that, my skin was breaking out. After I started washing the brush, much fewer break-outs. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie for these tips, I used it for the first time + my skin felt kind of irritated, but now that I've got your advice I know to ride it out! I will be posting updates about it! xx

      Delete
  4. I am SO excited that you are finally in your new (and your own) space. :) Here's to new beginnings my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa, I'm welcoming the new beginnings with open arms! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos, Rachel! Congrats on the move! x

    Kate {Something Fabulous}
    http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little apartments are always the best. I can't believe you live near such a wonderful little boutique. If only I lived in Sydney I would be there in a heartbeat wasting my bank balance away.

    http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your pics! Your ZARA pumps are so cute!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving can be tiring but it sure is fun to get everything organized. Love the pumps and I would love to know how to Clarisonic works for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the move! What an exciting time - getting to set up house! Can't wait to see some snaps of your new place :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the move Rachel! How fun to be in the heart of all the action! I'm a bit obsessed with the true grace candles particularly the lime one. They are divine!

    Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rachel, I'm so happy that you found the right place for you and I'm sure that you'll soon turn the flat into a very stylish place! The pumps are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete