Thursday, April 7, 2011

A few thank you's...

Hello my lovelies. I hope you've been having a good week. I'm counting down until the weekend as I have 4 days off. I've got lots of projects for the house planned including finishing off the DIY bedside table project I keep talking about, finally putting up our gallery picture wall in our living room, plus we are getting new flooring installed in the kitchen and laundry; to say I'm excited would be an understatement!


But today, I wanted to say a BIG thank you to some lovely fellow bloggers who have so very kindly nominated me for an award!
The rules are that I have to share 7 things about myself and to then pass this on to 7 other fabulous bloggers. So first up here are some fun things you may not already know about me!


{one} I love to cook and bake; something I have not really shared on this blog is my love of food, but on weekends I always like to experiment and try out new recipes. My favourite recipe resource is Donna Hay, I always find her recipes full of flavour and to be easy to follow.  



{two} Peonies are my favourite flowers; a close second are hydrangeas. I love nothing more than brightening up our home with fresh blooms. The fact that peonies are only in bloom for 6 weeks of the year makes them extra special in my book!


{three} I'm a magazine hoard; I cannot stand clutter, but this rule applies to everything excluding magazines. I have magazines neatly stacked all around our apartment which drives my husband nuts, but I can't bear to throw them out! My favourite glossies are Real Living, Belle and Vogue Living.



{four} I have a secret addiction to beauty products. My bathroom closely resembles a beauty counter with all kinds of interesting products. My favourite go-to product at the moment is A'kin organic rose-hip oil which I use underneath my moisturiser; it makes my skin lovely and baby-soft.



{five} I love burning candles; I have one in every room of our apartment. My favourites are Belle Fleur - they smell ridiculously good! 





{six} My favourite movies are cheesy romantic comedies - I recently watched Going the Distance with Drew Barrymore which was brilliant!




{seven} I live in ballet flats and I have them all shapes and colours; they are so comfy!



And now to pass this award on to a few new lovely blog discoveries and a few all time favs...

Christine @ Bijou & Boheme
Brittany @ Gallery Eight
Ada @ Classiq
Kimberlee @  Brown Button
Danielle @ Danielle Oakey Interiors




Happy Thursday lovelies!


18 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely blog... I've had a great time browsing through your posts. Congrats on the sweet mention and I look forward to returning for more more more!

    Sarah
    La Maison Boheme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Rach! You definitely deserve all of the blog awards... and I am so excited to learn more about you! I LOVE peonies as well!
    *Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And how nice to know a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats lovely- so deserved...you and your blog are gorgeous. Loved learning more about you- so with you on the mags and peonies. Thank you so much for passing this on to me- so appreciated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Rachel!! Your blog is definitely one of my faves :) And thankyou for the award as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, no joke, but numbers two, three and six are IDENTICAL to my own! I loved Going The Distance, have magazines all over the house (but am a total clean/tidy freak elsewhere!) and I love Donna Hay's magazine. Freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award:-) I love all of these fun little random facts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your so deserved multiple awards! Your blog belonged to few of my biggest inspirations to start my own blog so I feel honored you're passing the award on to me, thank you so much:) Your weekend sounds very exciting with all the stuff you've got planned. Hope it turns out well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Rachel for your award! You so deserve it, your blog has always been a favourite of mine...
    THANK U for the award too! U made my day!
    Have a fantastic busy w/end. :))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous! I love ballet flats too! Enjoy the gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank you so much, sweetie!!! I was just reading your post thinking that we are so alike. Every single point! And then I see that you nominated me. Thank you! You totally gave me a huge smile right before I turn in for the night :)

    And congrats on receiving the award! So well deserved :)

    Have a fun 4 days off and I hope that you get everything accomplished! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the awards! I recently found your blog and am enjoying it thoroughly.
    (Another thing I enjoyed thoroughly was Going the Distance, which I also saw recently.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I am also a complete sucker for a good romantic comedy...I'm gonna have to check this one out! Congrats on the awards and you just completely made my day! This is an aw shucks moment...(c: You are a sweetheart, hope you have an amazing four day break, you lucky duck you! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well deserved award...so thrilled to find and your blog and tumbr. I've just spent the better part of my evening perusing the two!! Thanks for all of the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the multiple rewards! I love reading more about bloggers, always so interesting. I agree on the peonies and hydrangeas, probably my favorite 2 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well deserved!! I'm now wanting those jam doughnuts and a lovely posie of peonies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Rachel,

    I hope that you are enjoying a few days off -- sometimes a break is much needed to feel refreshed. Also, congratulations on the awards -- they are so deserved... I really enjoyed reading your answers, and found myself agreeing with so many points.

    xoxo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete